Tuesday, November 16, 2010

TO LIGHT A FIRE...

I was walking toward the fire distracted.
Then, oh yeah!  I need to gather materials to start this fire if I want it to burn.
I feel competent.  I know how to build a fire.  I gather the proper materials.
I contemplate the elements.  The elements for building this fire.  I begin to understand their nature.  Wet, breezy, dry, hot, damp, sticky, crunchy.  I begin to understand the link of all elements with relation to the fire.  How will they affect my fire?
I get to the location where the fire will be held; where I will build this fire.  I survey the scene.  I feel prepared.  Look at me, I've gathered together the elements and knowledge to build a good, strong fire.
I choose my exact location.  This is where the fire will be.
I begin to build the fire.  I gather more materials for when the fire is burning so that it doesn't go out.  I am doing a good job.  I feel confident.
I am READY.  My pile of sticks seems perfect.
I light.  NOTHING. Just a small catch.
I light again.  NOTHING.  Smoldering.
I light and light.
Then, I blow on the smoldering pile.  Just more smoldering.  I light.  NOTHING.  Something needs to change.  This isn't working.
I try some other things...
I feel scared, incompetent, let down.
Then, I finally change the pile of sticks.  I gather more of what seemed to work really well.
I see that the fire needs more AIR (Ajna, Heart, Truth, My True Nature).
I build a new pile of sticks out of better material.
This time it WILL work.  I am DETERMINED for this to happen.
I light, the fire catches, I blow, I give, I give attention, lots of attention!
The fire is getting bigger.  Its growing.  Its strong.
I feel a sudden rush of relief.  I will survive.  I will be ok.  I know what to do.  I know how to do this.
I add sticks.  I keep blowing.  Now people are coming.  They want to share my fire.  Its good...
Then, its time to let it burn on its own.  It no longer needs attention.  It burns out and that's ok.  Its time to walk now and go eat lunch.
BUT, I did it.  There was a process.  It took emotion and all of me.  And, all the elements that make it work.
Most of all it took AIR (Heart) to make it happen.  I will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment