Thursday, December 16, 2010

How did we get to be so lucky?

The breeze blows and I am happy.
The rain comes and I am happy.
The rooster crows and I am happy.
Life is simple.
With everything but the necessary dropping away, I am free.
My emotions are clear, I am free.
My purpose, I don't know.  I am not attached to it.  It will come.
I am free.

...

Who we say we are is a reflection of conditioned ideas that we identify with.  We think we are our stories.  Our behaviors become who we are - a groove in our psyches.  Patanjali says we have mistakenly identified with these stories, these things.

We are the universal consciousness.  We are not separate.  Before all the conditioned ideas, we were the universal consciousness.  The truth is that we are not individuals.  We are simply unaware of this, we are asleep to this idea.  Yoga, or even eastern philosophy, is a way to wake up.  Meditation is the tool that is offered.  The experience of cosmic unity comes through meditation.  Maybe it opens an unknown dimension that we've never experienced before.  The convincing comes through having your own experience of it.  A way to understand our own mind.  A way to master our own mind.  Find a sanity... find a way to manage ups and downs.  Fundamentally, EVERYTHING IS OK.

Most importantly, I like to believe that the definition of meditation is fairly open-ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment